Up | Down

 

Image Editing Basics

~ ~
Is relevant for image processing computer "should adequately lot" of memory (RAM) and large and fast hard drives based on the present and the installed programs. High resolution images require much memory. The faster the processor (CPU), the better. Recommendations quickly become obsolete, I reject this. Journals, the Web and newsgroups are well suited. First, I research in the subscribed computer magazines, then I scan the newsgroups using Google Groups, and finally the Web. There I find the cheapest provider in my wish-computer components (case, power supply, motherboard, processor, RAM, video card, hard disk, ...). the dealer is not significantly more expensive on-site, I'll assemble my request from this computer, otherwise I settle das.

It should be installed a DVD burner. Then the image files are saved (backup). I back up my data daily on a large external hard drive and backup to all 4-gigabyte gains on two DVD-Rs. In future, there will be other external storage media as DVDs (Blu-ray?), The reason for the multiple backup remains the same: redundant data on different solid media, stored at different locations, which are used in the event of loss to ensure the function.

Screen (Monitor)

I prefer LCD screens that are good for photo editing and I can connect the digital output of the graphics card. They need less space, no flicker, and I believe that my eyes get tired so late.

Printer

Despite favorable Exposure Services, a separate photo printer makes sense (so to provide print services inkjet printing, known as Fine Art Prints) alone because of the fun to hold fast their pictures in his hand.

Usually this will be on a specialized inkjet photos. Ink is (unfortunately) expensive, I would be surprised it if many more than the basic price. I buy light-resistant inks and select only photo printers that can use such. Even after years of my pictures on the wall are not bleached visible. To be the most durable pigmented inks.

Other hardware

Lack experience, I can only pass on hearsay: A graphics tablet with pen should be better than a mouse in many cases.

Spectrophotometer or colorimeter for creating ICC color profiles really a must-see below.

External Card Reader (USB) for the digital camera memory cards are inexpensive, usually faster than the camera and its spare battery.

A second screen makes it easier to work. To him, the tool dialogs to move, so the main screen only displays the image to be processed.

Environment

Suitable is an environment with constant lighting (even standard soft light with 5500 ° Kelvin) and mid-walls, as it were, a modern photo lab. At least, no bright light falling on the screen or in the eye. Places to windows are unfavorable.

Color Management

Without color management can be frustrating to work: The images on the monitor still nice to see quite different to the pressure and in spite of the proof of the option to change anything concerning color and brightness "optimize".

Just copy editing

Images from the digital camera or the scanner should not be edited, but only copies of it. One could bear to read the original files with the file attribute only.

0 comments:

 
© 2009 - kaleng4shared
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger
 
Site Meter